Pages

Monday 30 April 2012

2 boys for sale

Yes it  was one of those 'I've had enough of this, they're going back' weekends.

No this blog is not going to be a list of the boys crimes. Or mine - I mean the times when I lost my cool. I mean really lost it. No I wasn't the one in a tantrum on the floor, or kicking screaming and thumping. But it was close. No-one got seriously injured; even by Tigs when he went OTT with Pup's light sabre. The cats got a little nervous as noise levels were higher even than usual. Homework did NOT get done. We did no gardening, and minimal housework.

So take deep breath. Take cup of tea. Start again. 
Time for a quick sentence on how I am an imperfect sinner but God has forgiven me? I don't think so. No I'm not taking that for granted but that's between him and me. Maybe more crucial, have the kids forgiven me? And have I forgiven them?  
Hmm hmmm.
My too high expectations of how the weekend would go probably did not help. It was my birthday weekend and I wanted it to be good. It was indeed excellent in parts. 

SO, some of the good bits:
Pup did really well in his riding lesson and he got to try trotting. The helpers seem genuinely impressed with his progress. It is the perfect therapy for him on so many levels - excellent for his  muscle strengthening, balance, co-ordination, concentration, attention span; and for motivating him to keep calm and learn to control his over excitement. I still do not really 'get' the whole horsey thing, or why I must not call a pony white if it actually IS that colour, but I am trying to learn.

Tigs embarrassed me totally in church on Sunday morning. Yes this actually was a good bit. In our church any child who has a birthday the following week is given a card and his the birthday song sung to them.So the leader announced in his introduction that he didn't know of any birthdays this week. Like lightning Tigs shouts at the top of his VERY loud voice. "It's my Mummy's birthday today!" Cue for church to collapse in laughter. Yes the boys are a little infamous at church.

I had breakfast in bed on my birthday provided by all my boys. Pup's cup of tea was not up to its usual standard, it was cold and he'd forgotten to take the teabag out. No I didn't tell him this. Yes I drank it with appreciative noises.

Some bad bits?
It is always sunny on my birthday and it wasn't. It was wet and windy. So windy the night before that a lot of the young leaves have been stripped off our local trees, and many small branches have fallen. I was disproportionately disappointed. We have had a lot of wet recently (much needed), and had very little sun for weeks. Usually I love this time of year.

The car leaked somewhere, we can't find out where, and the carpets are soaked.

My mum was upset because the birthday card she sent me has gone astray. This is a bigger deal than you might think, because I usually help organise all the letters / cards etc that she sends, and she did this independently, and it got lost.

I think the moral of this post is that I must lower my expectations sometimes. Not hope for too much, then I won't get disappointed. Will try!

No comments:

Post a Comment