Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

Sad

Because a close relative was getting cross with one of my sons today and shouting at him because his behaviour was irrational and annoying. (it was annoying me too). Yes, he needed checking. Yes sometimes you need to shout because he needs to stop NOW, as what he's doing is dangerous or impacting badly on someone else. But you don't need to shout just because he's being annoying.

Because the same relative read my sons school report and told him off about the negative parts of the report, without mentioning the first sentence which read 'He has done really well this year and should be proud of himself'.

Because sometimes I run out of patience with my kids big time too, and I don't want to.

Because people outside see two pesky annoying kids and don't see two kids who are achieving great things despite all the grot they've had to put up with in their lives.

Because sometimes having kids that are 'different' is so isolating. Even friends who know my kids really well, love them and understand them, cannot know what it is like to live with them.

Because I'm afraid for their futures. And I love them.



1 comment:

  1. It's hard isn't it? No-one knows what it's like til they live it.

    Your boys have got you though. And you love them. And whatever happens, that won't change. And all of us run out of patience sometimes. Our kids can be extra hard to live with, we're allowed to be human!

    And for what it's worth, I think it's brilliant that your son had a great school report!

    Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete